The best way to pay your Utility bill online is definitely through mobile apps. The advent of mobile apps has facilitated in faster, smoother and hassle-free online transactions. You no longer have to stand in long queues outside stores or carry multiple cards. With mobile payment apps you can easily pay your bills from your smartphone anywhere, anytime.
What are utility bill apps?
Bill payment apps are mobile applications that allow you to pay bills, recharge your phone, subscribe to DTH or OTT services, and transfer funds, among other things. These utility bill apps have made it incredibly simple to pay bills at any time and from any place. These apps have made it possible to transact easily and rapidly from the comfort of your own four walls, particularly in the event of a pandemic. You do not have to step out of your home to pay your bills anymore.
There is a wide range of apps available online which can help you in utility bill payment like Paytm, PhonePe, Freecharge etc. Every app has its own different functionality of payments and they also differ in the convenience that they offer. The need for paying bills online has grown even more since the pandemic as there are a lot of restrictions on the movement of people.
Some benefits of online utility bill payment:
- Mobile utility bill apps are available 24 x 7. So, you can pay your bills online from your mobile anytime, anywhere. No more standing in long queues or go looking for stores when travelling, you just need to download the mobile app and you are good to go.
- Pay for your electricity bill, water bill, DTH recharge and more right from the comfort of your home. You don’t have to carry multiple cards or remember different numbers when paying online. You can save your details in the app for added easy. Additionally, apps offer different payment options such as credit and debit card, net banking, UPI, pre-saved wallets, etc. So, you can choose and preferred mode and pay at ease with the app.
- Many mobile payment apps offer scratch cards on successful transactions. You can avail cashback, rewards and other vouchers with online utility bill payment.
Utility bill payments are now an entirely online end to end process, wherein you receive the bill online and it also can be paid online. To do this, bill payment apps play an important role in our lives. Here are some trusted apps for making payments –
Paytm – Paytm is one of the earliest apps to enter the bill payment’s realm in India. It has gained popularity steadily ever since and is still growing. The app offers services like money transfer, mobile and DTH recharges bill payments for utilities etc.
Bajaj Finserv App – Bajaj Finserv App comes with a host of premium features for its users. You can make utility bill payments like electricity, water, LPG etc with great ease. The app also allows you to recharge for DTH, mobile, OTT subscriptions etc seamlessly.
PhonePe – PhonePe app is another great option to make utility billpayments instantly. It also allows you to make payments for offline and online stores seamlessly. The recharge facility of the app includes Mobile, DTH and OTT recharge for all top operators like Jio, Vodafone, Airtel, Idea, etc. Users can also transfer money with BHIM UPI to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
MobiKwik – MobiKwik is a popular payments app among the masses. It is a platform through which you can make utility bill payments for over 200+ billers. You can pay for electricity, water, LPG, prepaid and postpaid mobile recharges etc.
Freecharge – This is one of the preferred apps by people when it comes to utility bill payments. Freecharge has its own set of unique offerings apart from utility bill payments. It offers its users mutual fund, loans, Express FD, Google Play recharges etc
How to use the bill payment apps?
Using the utility bill payment app is quite simple and easy to use. Follow the below given steps to use the Bajaj Finserv utility bill payment app –
1) Download the Bajaj Finserv utility bill payment app from PlayStore or the App Store.
2) Install it on your Smartphone
3) Login/register using your mobile number and OTP.
4) Once you’re onboarded, you must add your accounts to app or add money to the wallet.
5) Post adding your payment instruments, you can pay the utility bills with great ease.
Benefits of Bajaj Finserv online bill payment app –
1) Paying bills online saves you the trouble of stepping out of the house and standing in queues for long time.
2) You get to make payments from the comfort of the 4 walls of your home or anywhere else.
3) As you make the payment online using the app, it gets registered in your transaction history. Hence you can visit the past transactions and get the receipt for your payment any time you want!
4) You can get reminders of your upcoming bill payments through the app so that you do not miss out any due date and pay all your bills on time.
5) The app allows you to track your expenses through expense manager.
6) You can get access to exclusive pre-approved offers like loans, credit card, EMI card etc through the app.
7) Transaction history, statements, etc can be tracked easily and downloaded whenever you want.